Keys to Expanding Sexual Life Force Energy,
naturally also serve as keys to healthy conscious living:
Presence, Breath, Sound Vibration and Movement/Body Awareness.
To check out the sources please follow the yellow marked links in the text below…
- Kundalini: 3HO, serving kundalini meditation and yoga worldwide, is an excellent resource covering all aspects of this incredibly rich, profound, and nourishing consciousness practice and lifestyle as taught by Yogi Bhajan.
- Vipassana: Goenka approach practiced in the US over 10-day silent retreats
- Wat Ram Poeng: Offers a non-Goenka approach in beautiful Northern Thailand
- Osho Active Meditations: These highly effective and cleansing meditations are designed to consciously express and experience repressed feelings and emotions.
In Los Angeles, we are blessed to host many excellent Kundalini Yoga studios, an abundance of wonderful teachers, and a dynamic community enjoying this incredibly precise and effective science and technology.
Hot 8 Yoga: The best Hot Yoga in Los Angeles with outstanding teachers, wonderful staff and excellent facilities
- Quantum Light Breath: Meditation facilitated by Breath Master Teacher Jeru
- Osho’s Chakra Breathing Meditation: Powerful meditation clearing chakras
In Los Angeles, we are blessed with these wonderful breath gatherings:
- “The Gong Guy” who also combines Breath Work with Sound Healing
- The Breath Center: Powerful breath experiences with wonderful community
- Angelic Breath Healing: Madeline Giles holds a beautiful space combining breath practice with Angelic healings
- Breathwork Worldwide: Melissa Terese Young‘s expertise includes Ceremonial Breath Work, CranioSacral Therapy, and Reiki
- 5 Rhythms Movement developed by Gabrielle Roth facilitates a process of surrendering to your body’s deepest expressions with gatherings worldwide.
In Los Angeles, the body is honored and celebrated with an abundance of movement-related classes, workshops and gatherings every day of the week.
- Movinground: Jo Cobbett holds a beautiful space for meditation-in-motion and embodied ecstatic dance all over the world, and here in L.A. Links to dance/movement gatherings all over L.A. and CA can be found on her website under “other classes.”
- Spiritweaves: Michael and Anneli, nourished by 5 Rhythms and Soul Motion, with Flo and Laurie, for movement as prayer and dancing your truth.
- Julian Walker: Facilitates an ecstatic expression of the soul via the body twice weekly with a mixture of funky and powerful dance grooves and rhythms.
- Tantric Alchemy: Josie Keys holds space for tantric belly-dancing and being witnessed in embodying and celebrating one’s Divine Feminine Goddess.
- Healing Sounds: Jonathan Goldman’s music for opening chakras
- Bhakti Yoga Shala: Open your Throat Chakra with Kirtans in LA
Sound baths are taking over Los Angeles!!
- Gong Flow Yoga: Guy Douglas holds a beautiful space, often with Ana (below) for group sound baths and private sessions.
- Shakti Sound Bath: Ana Netanel is the brightest light ever!! Her 75-minute multiple-gong baths make for a very happy body temple.
- The Yoga of Sound: Rohan Ra’Jah combines visualization, meditation and sound healing for a Divine inner journey.
Honoring Spirit, Heart, Body, Mind and Alignment for Integrated Aliveness.
- Angela Ai guides your Spirit as a Transformational Catalyst and Certified Core Energetics Practitioner releasing emotional blocks from the body and mind for uninhibited creative flow and aliveness.
- Kim Rowe is pure Heart in guiding women to fully relishing the balance and joys of Motherhood, Self-Care and Healing from a place which honors the Divine Feminine.
- Pamela Samuelson‘s body of Body awareness combines deep dive knowledge of muscular, physiological, energetic, and emotional pelvic anatomy in its repair.
- Lee Ann & Stephanie and their team of Marriage & Family Therapists honor the Mind/Body continuum by combining Somatic Experiencing with EMDR to resolve trauma from the whole being.
- Dr. Berk of Berk Chiropractic is an efficient, wonderful and wise healer, masterful at repairing foundational mis-alignments of the hip/pelvis/spine/neck via The Gonstead System.
Releasing Trauma from the Body
- “What Resets Our Nervous System After Trauma” – Somatic Therapy pioneer Dr. Peter Levine describes his 9 steps which closely resembles the stages used in Somatic Sexual Wholeness.
- NeuroAffective Touch: As developed by Dr. Aline LaPierre, co-author of “Healing Developmental Trauma,” engaging the body “on its own terms” to heal early attachment, developmental and relational trauma.
- Pulsation Therapy: As explained by Aneesha, of how she combined the works of Osho and Charles Kelley, who evolved his work as a student of Wilheim Reich.
- TRE: Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises as developed by Dr. David Berceli
- Lumos Transforms: A wonderful and skilled community of practitioners led by Nkem Ndefo facilitating the safe release of tension and trauma from the nervous system.
- NICABM: The National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine is a terrific resource with webinar series and online courses about new brain science using mindfulness in healing the brain and body from muscular and body memories.
Women’s Sexuality and Health
The recommended sites below all incorporate body, heart, mind and spirit and the full spectrum of sexuality, from healing, health, fully embodied orgasm, pleasure and relationships.
- Lauren Brim is a Sexual Wellness Coach, former doula and mid-wife, and the author of The New Rules of Sex and The New American Family. Her understanding of women’s sexual health, holistic well-being, and Motherhood is outstanding.
- Lara Catone’s excellent depth and breadth of experiences and expertise in women’s sexual health are reflected in The Artemis School, her pioneering Women’s Holistic Sexuality Training, and in her wonderful podcast, “Sex Lab with Lara.”
- Saida Desilets, PhD. extends a delicious invitation for living a succulent life in all realms of women’s sexual health and wholeness. She is an expert on the Jade Egg, taoist energy cultivation, and a holistic & balanced approach to women’s sexuality.
- Layla Martin’s vlog and site are fun, informative and full of wisdom. Her free e-book in which she powerfully and vulnerably shares her journey from self-rejection to self-loving and her transformation into embodied sexual radiance is truly wonderful.
- Devi Ward teaches holistic sex and tantra from a deeply spiritual womb. An inspired teacher with a weekly “Sex is Medicine” radio show covering holistic sex education.
- Dr. Sandy Bevaqua is an expert on pelvic dysfunction and the physiology of repairing an injured pelvis. Her Pelvic Health Transformation Program is based on her own long journey of recovery after an especially challenging delivery.
The Jade Egg
All clients receive a Jade Egg made from 100% Canadian nephrite jade, or a Black Obsidian Egg made of the highest quality for home-play. The long list of sexual and holistic health benefits available from this ancient practice includes increased pleasure and lubrication, strengthened internal organs, healing trauma, increased tone, suppleness, and dexterity of vaginal muscles, and a deepening psycho-spiritual connection between yoni and heart.
- Ancient Taoist Practices for the Jade Egg and Breast Massage/Ovarian Breathing.
- Saida Desilets’ PhD-thesis focussed on the benefits of this wonderful practice which she shares in her free e-book. For an in-depth exploration of her expertise, her comprehensive book “Emergence of the Sensual Woman” is an exellent resourse.
- Shashi Solluna also studied with Taoist Grand Master Mantak Chia and Tantra pioneer Margot Anand and offers her weaving of Tao-Tantra fusion in her DVD for the Jade Egg practice.
Please be aware that the quality of stone or crystal is a factor in the benefits received in this practice.
- Margot Anand (pioneering author of The Art of Sexual Ecstasy and whose LET training serves as a foundation for SSW) teaches around the world, and her teachings are also offered through Sky Dancing Institute in Northern CA.
Tantra based in Los Angeles
- Dawn Cartwright was my first tantra teacher in 2000. I have known and admired the ways in which she lives, loves and teaches from her tantric life practices and experiences. Highly recommended.
Taoist Sexual Energy Practices
- The Tao of Sexology by Dr. Stephen T. Chang is a classic must-read for anyone interested in sexual wholeness and well-being practices.
- Mantak Chia: Master of Taoist Energy Healing, Health and Cultivation practices, and author of a wide range of now Taoist modern classics.
- Solla Piz’s expertise in the Taoist and Tantric Arts for improving sexual health, vitality, and conscious intimacy is outstanding, and includes ancient Taoist therapeutic practices for re-vitalizing sexual energy from the inside out.
Quodoushka Sexual Practices
- Shamanic Dearmoring: Ancient sexual practices and wisdom from the Native American heritage in sexual de-armoring and healing.
Masculine/Feminine Sexual Polarity and Relationships
- David Deida is a master of communicating the core sexual energetic polarities in relationships and the dance between Masculine and Feminine.
- John Wineland assisted Deida for many years and has created his own powerful body of work as an intimacy coach and workshop leader.
- Christina Antonyan‘s life exploration in the realms of masculine and feminine sexuality is reflected in her insightful articles, video courses and coaching.
- Judith Claire and Frank Wiegers are happily married sex & relationship experts and the authors of “So THAT’S Why They Do That! Men, Women and Their Hormones.” They integrate their mastery of the role gender-driven behavior plays in the dance of intimacy with their tantric background and decades of counseling experience.
Sexual Healing and Wholeness
The Association of Certified Sexological Bodyworkers represents Somatic Sex Educators/Sexologists world-wide with a Practitioner Directory to assist in locating a facilitator near you.
Dr. Charlie Glickman is an excellent sex educator, author, and Somatica practitioner who has trained hundreds of sex educators and coached literally thousands of individuals and couples in how to integrate amazing sex into healthy, happy relationships.
- Ellen Heed is a Somatic Educator and Healer drawing from many disciplines to bring relief from the pain of immediate or past traumatic experiences. She has pioneered new techniques for scar tissue remediation and serves as a leading anatomy educator and trainer for somatic professionals in the U.S. and abroad.
- Mike Lousada, based in London, but offering his expertise in the U.S. bi-annually, including workshops at Esalen, has combined mind and body modalities in creating Psycho-Sexual Somatics Therapy to effectively and safely address a wide range of sexual health, healing and intimacy issues.
- Dr. Stella Resnick’s life work specializes in female pleasure and the associations formed during childhood affecting our adult sexual preferences and behaviors. Here, one of her excellent published research papers speaks to the comprehensive and effective approach of a body-based “Somatic-Experiential Model” for sexual healing and wholeness.
- Sunyata Satchitananda’s site is a wonderful resource explaining in detail the nature and elements of somatic sexual healing and the responsibilities of both practitioner and client. His Safe Sexual Healing Client Checklist is valuable for anyone considering receiving sexual healing sessions for past abuse.
Self Awareness And Celebrating Consciousness
- University of Santa Monica: A wonderful world leader in the practice and application of Spiritual Psychology
- The Body Electric: Oakland-based leader in the field of somatic sexual healing and wholeness
- Wildquest: Interact and play with wild dolphins off the coast of Bimini Island by day after morning yoga and meditation
- John of God: Incredible and loving Medium based in Abadiania, Brazil
- Angbacka: Consciousness & body-centered awareness retreat center and festival on a beautiful farm in the middle of Sweden (One of my very favorite festivals.)
- Osho Meditation Resort: Osho’s teachings and insights offered through a wide range of group therapies, creative & healing arts, and meditation in Pune, India